how long is the class?
50 to 60mins
is pilates safe?
Pilates is highly recommended by health professionals as one of the safest forms of exercise. However, it’s always advisable to check with your GP first if you have any injuries or medical conditions.
how many classes do I need to take to see improvement?
Everyone is different. Joseph Pilates said, “In ten sessions you will feel the difference, in twenty you will see the difference, and in thirty you will have a whole new body.”
will I lose weight?
Pilates is not primarily about weight loss. However, Pilates exercise can support weight loss and give a more streamlined appearance.
- Pilates increases lean muscle mass which means your body will burn calories faster
- Pilates gives you a strong, toned, flexible body
- Pilates improves posture which gives your body a more graceful, streamlined appearance
- Pilates promotes deep and efficient respiration which is essential for calorie burning and tissue regeneration
- Pilates promotes good self-esteem, a factor very much associated with weight loss
- Pilates is an invigorating workout that can help sustain energy levels through the day
if I have osteoporosis is Pilates safe?
I am trained to teach clients with osteoporosis and osteopenia. While there are certain movements that are contraindicated, I have the knowledge and skills to properly guide clients with this condition and teach the exercises that will be beneficial for them.
will Pilates help with my backache?
Pilates is an excellent form of exercise to improve your core stability necessary for strengthening and supporting the body.
are you insured?
My insurance is through Professional Fitness. Details are entered on the Register of Independent Professional Fitness Instructors.
is Pilates safe if you are over 65, have any injuries, medical conditions or pregnant?
Yes, and I can tailor the exercises to your specific needs.